Noynoy Finally Indicted By The Ombudsman Over The DAP Scandal



Justice is finally being served slowly. The former President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III has been indicted by Ombudsman Conchita Carpio Morales for implementing the controversial Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) in his administration.

Probable cause

The office of the Ombudsman said in a statement on Wednesday that Morales said that they “found probable cause” to indict Aquino and invite him to court for the DAP which is an alleged unlawful issuance of National Budget falling under Circular No. 541.

In 2012, Aquino approved of the issuance that authorized the release of P72 billion in funds by the withdrawal of unobligated allotments that came from various government agencies.




Photo via: Facebook




Photo via: Facebook 

Aquino was finally charged with usurpation of legislative powers and the violation of Article 239 of the Revised Penal Code.

Reversal of decision

Last year, the former Budget Secretary Florencio Abad was the only official that was found liable in the alleged illegal implementation of DAP. Aquino was cleared of charges for 2011, 2012, and 2013 DAP.

However, the decision was reversed as the Ombudsman found probable cause to charge him with the usurpation of legislative powers. This crime is punishable with six months and one day to six years imprisonment.

Abad, on the other hand, was also found guilty of simple misconduct and was ordered to be suspended for three months. Since he was not in office anymore, he has to pay the penalty equivalent to three months of his salary.

As of this writing, Aquino’s camp has yet to release their statement.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.